Notice of Race
The race is open to any boat owned by a member of a US Sailing Club.
tHE DECISION TO PARTICIPATE IN A RACE OR TO WITHDRAW IS THE DECISION OF EACH BOAT CAPTAIN (SEE rrs 4).
The race will start at 11:00am Saturday, August 31st, 2019.
There will be NO Race Committee, No Visual Signals, No Audible Signals with the exception of a possible “shorten course” signal at wetpants start/finish line at midway. – this modifies rule 26.
The time limit to finish is 7:00pm.
A trophy will be awarded for the first boat to finish.
Registration is free, please register by sending an email to dan@IKnowTheCow.com. please include your email, name, phone number and boat details.
with the exception of the start/finish/midway line at wetpants, the course may be sailed in any direction and the gates may be passed through in any order.
EACH BOAT MUST PASS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING GATES:
- Wet Pants Starting Line which is between the South East corner of the dock to the Green Mark on the Rock Jetty at Browns River. This line must be crossed 3 times:
- When Starting
- Between completing the West Portion and the East Portion.
- When Finishing.
- GATE FI(2+1) East Channel lighted Buoy EN & East Channel Buoy 28(Red)
- GATE – East channel junction lighted buoy EW (Crazy Charlie) & Farm Shoals Channel Buoy 6 (Red)
- GATE Oak Island Channel Buoy 8 (Red) & Oak Island Channel Buoy 7 (Green)
- GATE: Beaverdam Creek Entrance Lighted Buoy 2 (Red) & Beaverdam Creek Entrance Lighted buoy 4 (Red
- GATE: Bellport Bay Lighted buoy 6 (RED) & Bellport Bay 7(Green)