I local led a unique personalized advenTour this past weekend.
to a young gentleman from Houston who wanted to eat his way across New York culture, history and neighborhoods. This is a tall task as New York changes constantly, always has and always will. A fellow foodie, Nick,was last here in 2016 and he wanted to experience the newest NYC sights and sample some of the best foods The City offers. On the ground for just 36 hours the mission was to cram as much living in that time as possible. His starting parameters were the Hudson Yards and Italian Food. That left a whole lot of other things and several meals for me to fill in.
Day 1 – Arrive at noon on Friday.
- Upper East Side via the E Train subway.
- View Tom Otterness Sculptures in the 14th street Station.
- Hammacher Schlemmer all the things you never knew you needed. What do you get for the person who needs nothing? You can find it here. can’t decide between the general purpose or golf hovercrafts or an 8 foot tavern bowling game? This department store literally has it all for you to touch and see.
- Window shopping on 57th Street and Madison Avenue (Big name flagship stores and Fortune corporation skyscrapers) , PS 6452 repurposed
- Bus to Times Square – See the ball that falls, NASDAQ Headquarters, M&M flagship store.
- Hells Kitchen
- Turko for Lunch
- Midtown West
- Hudson Yards
- Bleecker Street.
- Pasta Pesce for an “off menu” dinner
- Ice cream at Cones
- Dessert at Magnolia Bakery – cupcakes and cheese cake.
Day 2 – start at 9am
- Union Square
- Union Square Green Market – Fruit and Pretzel for breakfast.
- Fishs Eddy
- Lunch at Sarges Deli
- Dessert at Do’ Statue of Mayor Laguardia on Laguardia place
- Visit Japan Premium Beef
- Visit Faicco’s italian specialty store
- Visit and meet butchers at Ottomanelli’s & Sons Prime Meat and Game
- West Village Street Fair on Bleecker Street
- Tour of Williamsburg Brooklyn
- Kosciusko Bridge in Daylight
- Dinner at Michelin ranked Korean BBQ in East Elmhurst Queens
- Kosciusko Bridge at night
- Stroll up Hudson River Greenway at night. view Jersey City, Ellis Island, Hoboken
- Liberty Island.