I hosted a Do Not Eat Alone Moo Meet event. It was curated with the latest real single sourced food from Grafton Artisan Cheese, Organic Veggies from the Union Square Farmers Market, Ottomanelli’s prime aged meats, Pepper and Paprika I personally imported from Istanbul Turkey, reference blue cheese from Murrays Cheese and Kona flaked seat salt from Hawaii. I processed and produced homemade single source Tahini Sauce and local organic horseradish from the farm in Riverhead, Long Island. Pre-meal olive oil tasting included 5 of the worlds finest award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oils, 2 of which I personally imported from Turkey, 3 from Italy and 1 from Spain.
Clockwise from the top
- Skewered vegetables from the Union Square Greenmarket with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a touch of sea salt
- Green/red peppers
- Purple Peppers
- Red Onion
- White Onion
- String Beans
- 21 Day dry aged Rib Steak from the first 3 ribs from Ottomanelli’s Prime Meats.
- Cheese tasting:
- “1924” Blue Cheese from Herve Mons made from cow and sheeps milk.
- Saint Auger Blue from France – made from pasturized cows milk.
- Grafton Village “clothbound” chedder (personally recommended by Grafton’s cheesemaster).
- Grafton Village “Shepsog” mixed unpasturized sheep and cow milk.
- Roquefort from France, unpasturized cow milk, made the same way since 1411 – The Great Granddaddy of Blue Cheese AOC protected.
- Organic Shishito Peppers lightly friend in EVOO, lightly salted and just a dash of sesame oil.
- Mars Champaign Grapes.
Award winning extra virgin olive oil tasting with a treat!
- 1 from Spain
- Sara Baris
- 2 from Turkey
- Novavera Uslu
- Novavera Erken Hasat
- 3 from Italy.
- Franci Villa Magra
- Franci Gran Cru
- 2 Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale aged not less than 25 years
- from Ca dal Non (I know the producer)
Organic Shishito Peppers from the union square greenmarket quick fried in EVOO with a touch of sea Salt and a dash of sesame oil.
For more information:
If you are interested to know why cheesemakers choose pasturized or unpasturized milk, what clothbound means or would like to discuss extra virgin olive oils, traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena PDO or arrange for a personally curated tasting or event, please feel free to start a discussion in the comments section below or email me directly.